Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science and engineering on behalf of national security. We are seeking a highly motivated Theoretical Biology and Biophysics Postdoctoral Research Associate to join our Theoretical Biology and Biophysics Group (T-6) and implement cutting-edge statistical inference methods and apply them to biological data with an emphasis on epidemiological forecasting. Your research will involve the development of efficient and robust methods for high-dimensional computational Bayesian analysis, leveraging both adjoint sensitivity methods and neural computation. The successful candidate will be mentored by Drs. William S. Hlavacek (https://public.lanl.gov/wish/) and Yen Ting Lin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/yen-ting-lin-95858265).
- Ph.D. in physics, data science, theoretical chemistry or biophysics, machine learning, bioinformatics, applied mathematics, applied statistics, computer science or related fields completed within the last 4-5 years
- Proficiency in probabilistic reasoning and uncertainty quantification
- Scientific/numerical programming experience in Julia, C++, Python or MATLAB
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks under tight time constraints for effective achievements of project goals
- Strong track record in data science, machine learning or quantitative biology
- Proficiency in Python, in particular, TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Proficiency in Julia and software engineering
- Experience in applying data-driven methods on real biological datasets
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC88412:
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.