About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
The Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope is looking for a highly motivated and proactive Research Associate I to join Dr. Kirstin Zettlitz's laboratory in the Department of Immunology an Theranostics, Art Riggs Diabetes and Metabolism Research Institute. Dr. Zettlitz's lab focuses on antibody-based molecular imaging (optical and immunoPET imaging) to improve and guide the development and clinical translation of targeted therapies.
The Research Associate directs the work of the laboratory and performs a variety of routine and increasingly complex research experiments under general supervision of the Principal Investigator. The RA will be in charge of carrying out assays related to our work with antibody fragments, including production, purification and characterization of antibody fragments. That also includes data collection, analysis and presentation of the data (internal). The RA is expected to keep thorough record and documentation of the experiments and contribute to protocol development and support and guide other lab members, especially in molecular biology work. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Utilizing laboratory equipment and established protocols, performs a variety of research experiments. Records and validates results for accuracy and completeness.
- May modify protocols.
- Write standard operating procedures and reports.
- Maintains records of work performed including results and methodology; utilizing records may calculate, graph and compile data.
- Develops techniques and expertise in one or more areas relevant to laboratory research project.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage and disposal of materials.
Preferred education, experience and skills required for consideration: Additional Information:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, cellular biology or molecular biology.
- 0-2 years of research/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Dec 7, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job