The position is for a Research Assistant II to provide responsible assistance for establishment and propagation of organoid cultures and microbial cultivation in the laboratory of Dr. Robert Britton. This job is suitable for someone who can handle multiple projects and can follow instructions to complete assignments under minimal supervision. Technical experience is required in sterile maintenance and culturing of organoids and bacteria. Additional molecular biology experience is preferred. A responsible, skilled and dedicated individual is required. This position will offer a unique and rewarding translational research experience in a dynamic and highly productive environment. Job Duties
- Generates and propagates 3D organoid cultures.
- Isolates and grows of bacteria under aerobic, microoxic and anaerobic conditions.
- Documents results.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Work experience in an academic research lab is desirable.
- Tissue culture expertise and experience with sterile technique is required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.