The Senior Medical Director will be responsible for leading several US Medical Affairs activities for Vyndaqel/Vyndamax, including providing strategic leadership for clinical research and data generations in the US. He/she will also be responsible for the development and execution of short and long-term medical plans supporting Vyndaqel/Vyndamax and aligning them with overall business goals. A significant portion of time will be externally facing and the Senior Medical Director will provide therapeutic area/product expertise in TTR amyloidosis and understand patients and physicians point of view. Working closely with Global Medical Affairs and cross-functional colleagues, he/she ensures that the US Medical Affairs plan is in line with the brand strategies and helps support successful product development post launch and commercialization.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and execution of US medical strategies and tactics for phase IV research, publication planning and advisory boards in support of Vyndaqel/Vyndamax
- Leads data generation/analyses and ensures medical and scientific accuracy of manuscripts and abstracts/posters.
- Provides medical leadership and input on labeling and regulatory interactions.
- Promotional material development and review through RC support of medical content review
- Provides medical education and training to internal and external stakeholders
- Support activities related to safety evaluations and reporting requirements.
- Provide medical information on existing and emerging data in response to questions from internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides medical leadership and support for in-line Commercial Development activities including such activities as promotional message development & product training for the sales force
- Leads the development, presentation and execution of medical operating plans and strategies.
- Provides input and helps shape medical strategies and operation plans
- Applies clinical knowledge as required
- Doctoral degree (M.D.)
- Significant industry and research experience, including a minimum of 10 years of experience in clinical and/or health services research (preferablyin the pharmaceutical industry)
- Knowledge and experience in Amyloidosis is preferred
- Understanding of the drug development process
- Knowledge of health care economics and its impact on medical decision making desired
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional demeanor & excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with external customers /internal colleagues
- Customer-oriented approach and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Proven strategic thinking skills and ability to interpret and implement strategic directions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deal effectively with deadlines
- Creativity, resourcefulness, high energy and flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Networking and negotiation skills
- Strong Business acumen
Location: greater NY area (NY, NJ, CT preferred)
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact. Last Date to Apply for Job: November 5th, 2021
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.