A Scientist position is available in the Downstream process development group within Bioprocess R&D. The successful applicant will have experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. This position will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on developing and optimizing recovery and purification processes for recombinant proteins and biological macromolecules for early- and late-phase clinical trials. The Scientist will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to develop robust, efficient, scalable strategies for improving process performance.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The job function requires judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures. Responsibilities will include conducting experiments, tests, analyses as part of a variety of research and development activities, e.g., small-scale studies, pilot plant and manufacturing downstream purification studies. The Scientist will be expected to summarize, evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes. This position will support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and innovative research. This position will be expected to prepare internally reviewed technical reports, and make oral presentations to scientists and management. The successful candidate must be able to endorse change to business infrastructure to ensure pipeline, legacy and technology success.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of experience or Master's degree with 4+ years of experience in a biological or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent).
- Experience in laboratory research required, preferably in recombinant protein/biomolecule purification process development, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing.
- A good understanding of protein chemistry, protein analytics, and bioprocess technology is required.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision.
- Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
- The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in transferring Biotherapeutic processes to pilot plants or manufacturing organizations, and knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in these environments is a plus.
- Strong analytical and computer skills are desirable.
- Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis is a benefit.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This position will require standing for long periods of time in a laboratory setting.
- Occasional lifting of equipment may be required.
Other Job Details:
- Occasional travel to vendor, Pfizer or contract manufacturing/research sites may be required.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development