About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
To lead a group of application developers in developing innovative solutions.Provides leadership in the Application Development section of the division by overseeing and directing the programming staff. Programs Web enabled transactional database applications, and creates and maintains edit-checking programs and menu-driven reports. Provides technical and user support for integrated and related computerized systems. Participates in a variety of other activities such as hardware/software trouble shooting, and investigating/testing new software and programming techniques. Has familiarity with networks and multiple operating system platforms. ** This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. Candidate may sit at any of the 48 States ** Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Manage Software Development. Manage development of new software, maintain existing software, including data management, database design, and implementation as needed for the applications. The Lead would also be a hands-on developer.
- Manage and supervise development staff. Help prioritize tasks, streamline workflow, bridge communication gaps and barriers, code review, and enforce best practices. Approve time-off arrangements, schedules, HR related issues, handle compensation/review issues.
- Lead projects and provide project consultation. Attending meetings, provide input to how projects are carried out.
- Provide Staff Development. Mentor/train/supervise developers.
- Research innovative options. Research new technologies, prototype new methodologies, constantly evolving best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 10 years in software development / management of computer systems.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Dec 6, 2021
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job