Lead the Precision Medicine and Biosimilar team within US across all relevant disease areas and assets enco/bini, lorbrena ,crizotinib and dacomitinib. Responsible to lead a team across the lifecycle of multiple assets in multiple diseases including CRC, melanoma, and lung cancer, both in line and pipeline .Collaborate with relevant cross-functional team members in developing local medical affairs product strategy, precision medicine strategy/ execution and ensuring consistency of approach and deliverables for US Medical Affairs activities . Ensure Medical Affairs colleagues are integrated into individual Brand Teams, manage resources, and ensure that medical affairs plans are successfully developed and executed to achieve short- and long-term objectives.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Medical Affairs plan development and accountability:
- Lead and oversee medical input into brand strategies and tactics, with a focus on North American (NA) medical affairs needs.
- Lead the development of medical affairs strategies and tactics and ensure the delivery of these plans
- Oversee the development of NA specific strategic plans associated with Investigator-Initiated Research, Collaborative studies, and any Independent Grants programs.
- Help lead and be the advocate for Phase IV lifecycle clinical trial strategies and concepts to support NA needs.
- Review of protocol designs and provide clinical feedback into documents and SOPs including regulatory documents, labelling.
- Internal Communication: Align the voices of NA and US Medical Affairs, representing the HQ and FMD regional teams in internal forums. Ensure local needs are considered and represented in global strategies and plans as well as development plans. Develop and strengthen partnerships among key stakeholders.
- MA Alignment: Ensure effective cross-functional alignment in customer facing activities and represent Pfizer externally in the respective Oncology therapeutic area.
- Medical Affairs Customer Planning: In coordination with cross functional leadership, lead the engagement planning of HQ Medical Directors with the external community including KOLs and other key external stakeholders, to ensure that strategies reflect customer needs.
- May provide leadership for Customer Insight Planning in terms of advisory boards and other forum through which key customer insights are gathered to assist in planning and execution.
- Ensure brand teams have appropriate medical affairs support in terms of Promotional Materials Development, Review and Sales Training:
- Coordinate Medical Affairs support for concept development & promotional material review and sales training.
- Partner with legal, regulatory, and marketing colleagues to ensure Medical Affairs colleagues deliver compliant, accurate and high-quality content of all promotional and sales training material & activities.
- Ensure timely completion of all team training and adherence to compliance standards and procedures.
- Coordinate, lead and participate in key NA and US Medical Affairs activities including.
- MA leadership, support, guidance, and input for regulatory interactions
- Safety updates and risk/benefit analyses
- Strategic Publications and abstract planning
- Advisory board development and execution
- Build organizational capability: Build trust among team members and broader stakeholders by setting a highly visible examples of excellence. Actively support development of direct reports, providing insights, direction, and opportunities.
- Integrate Clinical acumen into strategic planning across work, including patient centered approaches
- MD or DO with 10 or more years of relevant experience required.
- Oncology experience
- Experience with Real World Data
- Experience with clinical trials
- HQ launch experience required
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Direct expertise in melanoma, CRC, and biomarkers
- Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance and producing outstanding results.
- Capable of comprehending and communicating in a clear, concise manner a large amount of scientific information.
- Significant, direct experience with matrix leadership and demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations.
- Very strong strategic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership excellence, proven ability to motivate and lead people in a complex, changing environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively lead in a matrix organization.
- Ability to lead in a complex matrix, partner appropriately with the commercial teams, lead through others, effective delegation
Travel should be anticipated and is estimated to be ~25%.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.