Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. In your role, you'll work as a part of Pfizer Vaccine Research and Development, which seeks to discover novel vaccines (prophylactic and therapeutic) for the prevention and treatment of significant human diseases (e.g. infectious diseases, oncology) using a variety of vaccine technology platforms combined with immunomodulatory agents.
As a Senior Associate scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. Your skill and knowledge will help in making decisions that require choosing among limited options. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
The Senior Associate Scientist will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to purify a variety of macromolecules including; monoclonal antibodies, polyclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, and polysaccharides. The job function requires judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures. Responsibilities will include conducting experiments, tests, and analysis as part of a variety of research and development activities. The Senior Associate Scientist will be expected to summarize, evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes.
It is also expected that the incumbent will perform analysis / characterization of isolated macromolecules with various bioanalytical methodologies. Careful documentation of work and presentation of data is required.Position Responsibilities
- Develop, optimize, and scale-up recovery/purification processes for isolation of proteins and polysaccharides
- Collaborate with colleagues within Vaccine Research and Development organization including Bioprocess Fermentation, Analytical, and Formulation Development groups.
- Present problems and propose solutions in discussions with group members.
- Plan and prioritize related recovery / purification activities.
- Independently analyze, interpret, and provide conclusion and present experimental data.
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars and through regular scientific review. Utilize new technologies and establish those technologies to improve purification / recovery capabilities of process development group.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Satisfactorily complete all GLP and safety training in compliance with departmental requirements and follow appropriate safety practices in the workplace
- Perform timely notebook entries and review for completed experiments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant laboratory experience or an MS degree in Biology or related scientific discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of protein purification experience is necessary
- Experience isolating/purifying proteins from both microbial and mammalian systems is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience independently designing, planning, and executing purification / recovery activities is desirable
- Proficiency with and experience utilizing various techniques such as FPLC / HPLC, UV-Vis, CD, fluorescence spectroscopy to isolate and, when necessary, characterize purified vaccine candidates is desirable
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Experience Independently analyzing and providing conclusions regarding experimental data generated preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis is necessary
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint , and relevant scientific software is desirable
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development