We are seeking multiple Experimental and Bioinformatics research positions (including Postdoctoral Research Fellows and Research Associate) to join the Alzheimer's Network Medicine and Artificial Intelligence (AI) research group (https://www.lerner.ccf.org/gmi/cheng/) led by Dr. Feixiong Cheng at the Genomic Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute, and Department of Molecular Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University. The primary goal of Cheng group is to combine tools from genetics and genomics, chemical biology, network medicine, AI, bioinformatics, computational biology, and experimental systems biology assays (e.g., single-cell/nucleus sequencing and iPSC-derived neurons), to address the challenging questions toward understanding of Alzheimer's disease, which could have a major impact in identifying novel real-world data-driven diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic targets for precision medicine (Nature Aging 2021, Nature Genetics 2021, Cell 2021, PLOS Medicine 2021, Genome Biology 2021, Genome Research 2021, PLOS Biology 2020, Lancet Digital Health 2020, and Nature Communications 2019a, 2019b and 2018).
Highly motivated candidates will join our NIH-funded research projects (U01 and R01) focusing on analyzing, visualizing, and mining data from experiments that profile the molecular state of human cells and tissues by interactomics (protein-protein interactions and chromatins), genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, radiomics, and metabolomics for precision medicine drug discovery and patient care. The Postdoctoral Fellow and Research Associate will have great opportunities to collaborate with diverse groups of physicians, geneticists, and computational biologists, and get access of the large-scale whole genome/exome sequencing data from the Alzheimer's Disease Sequencing Project (ADSP), multi-omics (including single-cell RNA-sequencing and ATAC-sequencing data) from the Alzheimer's Disease knowledge portal, and harmonized patient data from Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative (ADNI) and the Cleveland Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (CADRC) at the Cleveland Clinic.
- Highly motivated candidates with PhD/MD degree and research skills in iPSC-derived neurons, mouse model, bioinformatics, systems biology, computational biology, network science, AI, machine learning, data science, genome science, and related fields, are encouraged to apply.
- A strong computational background, proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Perl, C++, Java) and knowledge of bioinformatics and statistics are required.
- Training experience in artificial intelligence (such as machine learning and deep learning), experience working in high computing cluster environment, experience working with ADSP/ADNI, TopMed, GTEx, 1000 Genomes, UK-biobank, ENCODE, or ExAC, PDB, or other large-scale DNA/RNA-seq (including both bulk and single-cell/nucleus) data analysis is highly preferred.
- A good understanding of biology, genetics and genomics, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Demonstrated abilities to be collaborative across multi-disciplines.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by significant contribution in publishing a minimum of one first author article from graduate work.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing your research experience/skills and future research statement/plan (2-3 pages), a curriculum vitae and the contact information of three referees to Dr. Feixiong Cheng (email@example.com) with the subject line ‘Postdoc-Application - Your Name’.
Application Deadline: Positions are open immediately until filled.