The laboratory of Professor Elizabeth Topp, Professor of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, Purdue University has an immediate opening for a talented and motivated postdoctoral fellow.
The postdoctoral fellow will carry out research focused on the formulation and stability of pharmaceutical biologics, including peptide, proteins, and mRNA therapeutics, with an emphasis on lyophilized solids. The candidate will employ both established and new strategies including chemical and biophysical characterization methods (e.g., HPLC, LCMS, FTIR, CD). In cases where the candidate is unfamiliar with the methods, he/she will be trained appropriately. Thus, the ideal candidate will be willing to learn new methods and then be able to manage multiple projects in several different areas.
Qualifications and Skills
The minimum qualifications and skills for this position are:
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, chemical engineering or related field
- Experience in quantitative chemical analysis of peptides, proteins, and/or mRNA
- Preferred experience in lyophilization, mass spectrometry of biologics
- Strong technical abilities in chemical kinetics, analytical chemistry, biophysical characterization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to engage in team-based research and collaborations.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer.