The Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, is looking to hire an competent and reliable Research Assistant I to manage day to day operations of projects for Dr. Dong's research projects. This position requires conducting research experiments and overseeing multiple ongoing projects. The candidate will focus on research about mechanisms that regulate obesity associated metabolic diseases and cancer and developing novel therapeutic strategies. It is the responsibility of this candidate to support the PI for various studies, existing and initiating new, to continue to support the College's Research Mission.Job Duties
- Conducts research experiments to help PI meet grant deliverables.
- Consents, Collects and analyzes data for several ongoing experiments, presenting weekly to PI.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study, and assists in publication.
- Administrates and manage research procedures.
- Oversees lab equipment and lab space.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.