Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
We are seeking an Associate Scientist at the BA/BS level who will be a member of the Pfizer research team, you will be a critical member of the team bringing your significant experience of applying knowledge of the concepts and practices in the field of animal care. In your role, you will be responsible for providing direct technical support to partners in Research and Development in the delivery of projects by the completion of experiments, procedures, protocols , or studies involving animal models.
As an Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Support research teams by performing technical procedures in the conduct of experiments and protocols and by collecting, recording, and exporting data in the delivery of in-vivo studies.
- Interact with key in-vivo contacts to understand their needs, engaging people in a flexible and constructive manner.
- Study oversight - manage day to day operations of assigned research studies conducted within the department.
- Achieve study objectives and ensure team effectiveness, including defining best practices and developing process advancements.
- Perform quality control of studies ensuring accuracy and completion of tasks.
- Set a workplace standard through leading by example, showing mastery of all SOP's, regulatory guidelines and Pfizer policies.
- Exemplify work-place standards, positive habits, and engaging behaviors toward co-workers.
- Contribute to operational excellence - collect metrics showing efficient delivery of technical procedures and husbandry services.
- Bachelor ' s Degree (BA/BS) .
- Ability to perform complex data analysis and work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Previous experience with in-vivo technical procedures .
- Confident in the use of technology and embraces its utilization in the workplace .
- Experience collecting, recording, and exporting accurate data .
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development