Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.Role Summary
The Cancer Immunology Discovery group (CID) within the Oncology division of Pfizer Worldwide Research & Development in La Jolla, CA is dedicated to developing novel small molecules and protein therapeutics to improve human life by redirecting the immune system against cancer. CID researchers apply the latest scientific knowledge and novel approaches to discover truly innovative Immuno-Oncology therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist for the T cell activation and Anti-PD(L)1 resistance group. Role Responsibilities
- Independently design and execute biology studies in vitro and ex vivo for target identification and validation
- Discover and develop new therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapy focusing on innate and adaptive immunity
- Develop, trouble-shoot, and optimize relevant cell-based assay systems, technologies, and readouts to support projects for Go/no-Go decisions.
- Work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment within the Oncology Research & Discovery and supporting partner lines.
- Attend team meetings and deliver well-prepared presentations and is expected to be an active participant in discussions.
- Participate in collaborations on novel targets with internal and external collaborators.
- Conduct research that leads to publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentation of data at internal and external meetings.
- B.S. degree with 10+ years, or M.S. degree with 7+ years, or Ph.D. degree with 1 + years of experience
- Expertise and hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, immune cell isolation/processing, multi-color flow cytometry, immune/cancer cell-based assays, ELISA, and cell culture techniques
- Broad experience in assessing T cell function including but not limited to activation, differentiation, and memory development
- Technical knowledge of immunology and Cancer Biology
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GraphPad, and relevant scientific software is desirable
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical expertise with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, proliferation, and suppression assays by using T-cells, monocyte/ macrophages, or dendritic cells)
- Experience in TCGA, single-cell RNA-seq, cBioportal).
- Extensive experience in cancer research, tumor microenvironment biology, immunology, or related fields, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role.
Other Job Details
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a BSL-2 laboratory
- Standard business office conditions; sitting, standing as appropriate
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development