Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.ROLE SUMMARY
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development - Analytical GLP laboratory group. The candidate will perform routine sample testing and assay verification and qualification studies in support of early vaccine development and in support of GLP toxicology studies. Assays are primarily based on standard analytical separation (e.g., HPLC, CE, etc.) and spectroscopic (e.g., UV-VIS, fluorescence, etc.) techniques.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- In this position the individual will perform routine sample testing in support of GLP release and stability of vaccine candidates and adjuvants. This includes preparing samples, setting up and running the instruments, and analyzing data.
- Document experiments, analyze data, and provide conclusions obtained from sample testing contemporaneously in notebook as directed.
- With guidance, the individual will assist with or execute assay verification and qualification studies for GLP assays used in the release and routine analysis of vaccine candidates.
- Assist with training and transfer of methods.
- Plan daily workflow to complete the tasks/experiments outlined by the supervisor.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with GLP requirements.
- The individual is expected to contribute and participate in general laboratory maintenance activities (such as maintenance of equipment, managing laboratory waste).
- BS or equivalent degree, in a relevant field of science (chemistry, biology, immunology, microbiology, etc), and 0-2 years of experience.
- Has a good foundation in general scientific practice and in the principles and concepts of a relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience with chromatography and UV/VIS is desired.
- Experience with analyzing lipids, lipid nanoparticles and liposomes is a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Motivated, detail-oriented, with good laboratory skills.
Standard conditions - sitting, standing
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
40 hours per week
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development