Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a candidate in the Expert Singleton Purification group in Medicinal Design. Our group supports Medicinal Chemistry using multiple purification techniques to deliver high-quality compounds to the chemistry community. A candidate would be able to deliver compounds and data using techniques such as SFC, HPLC, and Mass Spectrometry. Close collaboration with other purification scientists will lead to process improvements that increase the efficiency and scope of purification adapted to the purification of compounds that are diverse in their structures, molecular weight, and physicochemical properties. The individual occupying this role will assist in problem-solving and developing separation methods to enable the purification of singletons. This will be coupled with providing analytical data packages to confirm identity and purity.How You Will Achieve It
- Becoming fluent in using SFC and HPLC for the purification of chiral and achiral crude materials
- Development of high throughput methods for QC analysis using HPLC-MS and SFC-MS
- Able to work in a laboratory environment which will include making mobile phases, ensuring column efficiency, and sustaining a safe laboratory environment.
- Demonstrating high-quality data analysis to support toxicological studies using HPLC and qNMR
- Troubleshoot scientific and technical challenges with members of the group to ensure high purity/high yield purification methods.
- Prepare detailed internally reviewed reports that will be uploaded into our eNotebook
- Collaborate with chemists to determine best practices to deliver on project timelines
- Collaborate with purification team members to optimize the purification workflow for efficiency and scope of samples that can be purified.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry (analytical or organic) with 3+ years of industry experience or Master's degree in chemistry (analytical or organic) with 0-1 year industry experience.
- Experience using UPLC-MS and UPC2-MS instrumentation to characterize compound mixtures.
- Experience using preparative HPLC-UV and SFC-UV purification for purifying organic compounds.
- Experience using HPLC software such as MassLynx, Empower, Chemstation, or ChromScope
- Excellence in communication with members of our group and their clients
- Laboratory work requiring standing.
- Working at a computer.
Other Job details
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Relocation support available
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development