About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
Cell Manufacturing Associate II position is available in the Cellular Therapy Production Center (CTPC). This is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. New personnel will be trained in project specific techniques and procedures. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Manufacture and test T cell products, under limited supervision, following established SOPs in cGMP facility.
- Application of aseptic techniques.
- Passage, maintain and cryopreserve cell cultures (e.g., T cell and tumor cell lines).
- Provide routine lab support and maintenance activities.
- Assist in developing and adapting new manufacturing procedures and analytical methodology.
- Assist in creating, reviewing and revising Standard Operating Procedures as necessary for cell product manufacturing and process development.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work and documentation, strictly following established SOPS, as well as accurate record keeping and lab documentation.
- Cooperate with Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) groups to ensure the quality of product and cGMP compliance.
- Assist in internal inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Federal Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and City of Hope and CTPC procedure requirements.
- Required to wear pager, or other communication devices, to respond promptly to emergency calls and for critical equipment failure.
- Complete and maintain all training required by City of Hope and CTPC.
- Cooperate with other performance improvement and compliance activities within the department and in the institution.
- Maintains current knowledge of manufacturing/analytical techniques and industry practices.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in biological science or related field, with at least 2 years of post-degree research experience.
- 6 months or more of hands-on mammalian cell culture experience.
- 6 months or more of cGMP experience.
- Master's degree in biological science or related field, with at least 1 year of post-degree research experience.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Dec 1, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job