The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology seeks a Research Coordinator I to coordinate day-to-day operations of research protocols for the Texas Medical Center Digestive Disease Center (DDC). Will be responsible for working with patients directly, including screening and determining study eligibility. Additional duties include maintaining IRB protocols, clinical study execution, medical record review, survey administration, and data entry. Must be organized, able to multitask, organize work time wisely, and be able to fundamentally problem solve.Job Duties
- Interviews, screens, and recruits patients for various clinical studies; explains processes and procedures to educate participants regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Manages database and presents data to investigators weekly during lab meetings.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Retrieves and submits test results to the appropriate party.
- Corresponds with patients throughout the study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Processes blood and stool specimens.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Some college classes including biochemistry, cell biology, basic statistics, and English composition (or equivalent).
- College-level anatomy and physiology.
- Fundamental understanding of microbiology laboratory techniques.
- Articulate before small working groups.
- Computer application skills are essential including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.