Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
Performs particulate testing on finished pharmaceutical products to determine that they meet official compendial and/or Hospira/Pfizer requirements. Accountable for activities involved in analyzing in-process materials, release test samples or stability samples in support of the company's quality program, andincludes analytical testing, performance qualification of unique QC instruments, sample management, interpretation and evaluation of analyses in terms of accuracy and precision compared against established specifications.
Perform standard qualitative and quantitative analysis on: processed validation, in-process products, pure drug substances, finished pharmaceutical preparations, stability samples, and contract manufacturing samples utilizing accepted procedures, in accordance withapproved testing procedures per Hospira/Pfizer and USP. How You Will Achieve It
- Utilizes standard analytical techniques, primarily HIAC light obscuration particle counter and microscopic particle counting.
- Maintain records of all analysis information of assigned products for permanent file and proper entry of information on laboratory forms.
- Evaluate all data obtained from analysis; if discrepancy or deviation occurs, consult with supervisor.
- Review completed data for accuracy before forwarding data to QA filing in the batch record.
- Participate in employee involvement team(s).
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs work in a structured environment under direction from supervisor
- Communicate straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
- Participate and contribute as a team member
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science related field (Chemistry, Biology, or similar)
- 0-1 years laboratory experience
- Competent knowledge and understanding of fundamental principles of one or more professional, technical, or specialized body of knowledge
- Ability to understand and carry out assigned duties effectively
- Competent knowledge and use of a microscope
Considerable mental/visual concentration, coordinating manual dexterity with mental/visual attention - including alternating sitting/standing to perform tasks and strict documentation requirements. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Other Job Details: · Last Date to Apply for Job: December 14, 2021 · Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes #LI-PFE Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Second shift schedule with possible weekend on-call schedule.
- Lab/production environment with some disagreeable elements such as noise, dust, fumes, heat, and safety hazards, etc.
- Little to no travel is required by this position.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development