Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason (BRI) has a bold mission: Predict, prevent, reverse and cure immune system diseases, from autoimmune disease to cancer to COVID-19. We examine the immune system in both health and disease to understand how disorders start and how to rebalance the immune system back to health. Equipped with innovative tools and robust biorepositories, our team chips away at the biggest mysteries behind these conditions to work toward our vision of a healthy immune system for all. As an independent non-profit organization within Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, we collaborate with clinicians to accelerate the path from innovative lab discoveries to life-changing patient care.
At BRI, each role is valued and an important contributor to the vision and mission. BRI is committed to a safe, caring and diverse workplace; as well as to taking action to further our commitments to foster inclusion, equity and belonging so employees feel comfortable bringing their full selves to work. Consider making a difference, join our team. Because together, we are Powering Possibility.
Visit BenaroyaResearch.org or follow BRI’s Autoimmune Life Blog, Facebook, Instagram,
LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
The Cerosaletti lab is engaged in translational research to identify key mechanisms in the development of autoimmunity and allergy. Current projects in the lab are investigating autoreactive T cells in type 1 diabetes.
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to conduct research focused on autoreactive T cells in type 1 diabetes, exploring stem cell memory properties using RNA-sequencing, functional analyses, and genetic/epigenetic analyses.
- Recent or anticipated PhD, MD or MD/PhD
- Experience in immunology is required; cellular immunology and flow cytometry expertise is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; performs as team member, has good interpersonal skills, and is enthusiastic
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively, driving research project
- Proven track record of problem-solving
- Publication in peer-reviewed journals
Visit https://careers-benaroyaresearch.icims.com/jobs/1690/postdoctoral-research-associate/job to apply for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status