The candidate will have a graduate degree at the doctoral level and be knowledgeable in both advanced computer science technique including machine learning and network analyses as well as in biology and genetics. They will join our team developing advanced computational biology analyses of complex human diseases, particularly neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's Disease. In that context, the candidate will support code creation, development, engineering, testing and validation at a quality and with documentation enabling deployment and sharing with third parties. The candidate will take part in normal and usual scientific lab activities and take a leadership role in devising scientific studies and writing papers as a lead author describing the techniques they developed and their applications to biological and medical questions.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.