The Asset Team Lead is a coach/player role who will manage a small team of full-time matrix team leaders responsible for leading discovery-stage portfolio project teams and will also maintain select project leadership responsibilities of their own.
Working with a broad range of stakeholders, including but not limited to project teams, peers, partner lines and ORD leadership, the project team leader will be responsible for successfully guiding, developing and guiding senior scientific colleagues who have leadership responsibilities to effectively lead project teams and create and execute innovative project strategies that successfully deliver high quality, differentiated assets to address unmet medical needs in cancer.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Asset Team Lead will lead by example to create a culture of excellence and a strong sense of community amongst ATLS as well as with other groups within Portfolio Operations and with other groups in ORD. Asset Team Leaders (ATLs) must effectively lead multiple complex matrix teams from SDS to CAN by exhibiting a high level of scientific and operational skills, and emotional intelligence.
- A key responsibility of the ATL Leads will be to establish close and interconnected working relationship with all members of the Portfolio Operations Leadership Team but especially the comparable leader that manages the Asset Team Leaders.
- The ATL Lead may be selected from diverse scientific backgrounds, but must exhibit significant learning agility and build deep knowledge of disease biology and are responsible for championing innovative scientific strategies to deliver differentiated medicines.
- The ATL lead will work with and coach other ATLs and PTLs to identify major operational and logistical risks and develop effective mitigation options.
- Asset Team Leaders will have a key role in communicating across lines and functions to facilitate timely and effective decision-making. They will lead the team to prepare for project reviews and governance milestone decisions, ensuring high quality, objective and comprehensive assessments of team progress and project status and strategy. The ATL Lead must be an excellent presenter and a key responsibility will be to coach and develop a high level of accomplishment for scientific communication.
- Leverages constructive relationships externally and across WRDM and influences the decisions of top management/senior leaders
- Asset Team Leaders will be active contributors to the regulatory strategy for projects and may author key regulatory submission documents (IND, IB, position paper, response letters, etc.) needed to support candidate development. The ATL Lead will facilitate development of these skills within their team.
- The ATL Lead will coordinate with research, clinical and commercial leadership teams to ensure smooth project transitions and alignment on the project objectives and deliverables
- The ATL lead will leverage their expertise by participating on key cross-functional strategic initiatives focused on improving organizational effectiveness or in the development of in-licensed or partnered assets. Working in collaboration with project sponsors and the alliance managers, the project team leader may be responsible for managing all scientific, governance related components of these collaborations or partnerships.
- The ATL Lead is responsible for coaching ATLs to effectively provide an objective sensibility to managing investment risk in individual projects by identifying key questions to ensure robust assessments and decision making and coordinating experimental plans across group to support the business units' case for investment for continued investment.
- ATLs will actively share knowledge with the broader project leader community (ATLs, PTLs and RPLs) by coaching, training and sharing best-practices.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact . QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD, or similar advanced professional scientific degree
- 15 more years of drug discovery experience in roles of increasing leadership responsibility including substantial experience for project leadership
- Prior knowledge and experience from early discovery through clinical development, with a substantial portion of that experience in oncology
- Successful demonstration of experience leading matrix drug discovery teams
- Exceptional interpersonal communications and negotiation skills are essential dimension of this role
Regularly interacts with broad range of stakeholders across ORD and wide range of partner lines, WRDM, GPD and Commercial leadership. RESOURCES MANAGED
Role has 2-3 direct reports at the Senior Director level and may be assigned additional more junior staff. Other Job Details:
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.