Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality.
You are a highly motivated and accomplished research scientist to join the Cellular & High Content Imaging (CHCI) Technology Center in Cambridge, MA. You will work closely with disease area biologists and computational scientists to develop and implement state-of-the-art wet-bench methodologies to enable drug discovery efforts through the execution of disease-relevant target-based and phenotypic assays in cellular models using high content, high throughput imaging technologies. As a member of the CHCI Technology Center, you will bring technical and scientific expertise into the experimental design strategies, ensuring efforts are focused on targets and phenotypes of highest interest to address the biological question and hypothesis with high-quality data.
The following critical attributes and skillsets are strongly desired:
- An innovative thinker, self-motivated, capable of taking initiatives and working independently as well as in the team setting, and goal-oriented to apply efforts to identify, evaluate and implement creative solutions to advance capabilities in target based and phenotypic profiling of cell model systems in high content imaging and analysis.
- Demonstrated with proven track record in the development and characterization of disease-relevant cellular systems utilizing molecular biology, functional genomics (siRNA, CRISPR), protein chemistry, small molecule perturbation and/or biophysical imaging techniques.
You will also work in close collaboration with scientists across multiple disciplines internally (Biology, Chemistry, Computational Sciences, other Technology Centers, etc.) as well as interact with external partners (ex.,CROs, vendors). You should be open-minded with a positive attitude, capable of operating in a dynamic environment, and possess strong communication skills as demonstrated by presentations and publications and collaborative mindset to support and build productive partnerships to drive team success.
You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member whose decisions impact the project. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Independently develop in vitro target based and/or phenotypic cell-based assays adapted for high content, high-throughput imaging and analysis.
- Have working knowledge and experience with physiologically relevant cellular models (iPSC-derived models, human primary cells, 3D cultures) adapted to imaging based endpoint assays.
- Design, optimize, and execute high content cellular imaging assays using for example, molecular biology, functional genomic manipulations, or pharmacological perturbations for target-based and phenotypic projects and address scientific questions.
- Have functional familiarity and utilization of automated image analysis tools, algorithms and data analysis.
- Demonstrate an ability to review and interpret high content data results in the context of disease-relevant biology to project teams.
- Explore and implement emerging methods and novel concepts in high-content imaging-based science to advance discovery and portfolio projects.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members across the organization from biologists, computational scientists, chemists and external partners in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain and comply with electronic laboratory notebooks, records, safety training and good laboratory practices in accordance with Pfizer policy, protocols and standards.
- Be highly motivated, highly organized and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive attitude and aptitude for mentoring novice and less experienced colleagues.
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Cell or Molecular Biology, or a related field required with 3 + years of relevant experiences OR MS with 8+ years of experience utilizing innovative disease model cellular systems to solve biological problems, preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting or comparable context in academia.
- Practical experience with designing cellular assays on high-content imaging platforms, data analysis and visualization.
- Excellent computer skills and basic image analysis software experience.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work and establish strong collaborations and relationships to stakeholders.
- Strong experience in physiologically relevant disease models, co-culture systems, and/or 3D cultures.
- Experience with laboratory automation (e.g. liquid handling), troubleshooting technical assays, validation of assays and protocols.
- Familiarity with image and data analysis software (FIJI, Columbus, CellProfiler, GraphPad Prism, Spotfire).
- Experience in a laboratory working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with demonstrated examples of personal and scientific leadership.
- Demonstrated track record, in both written and oral form, scientific research and developments of contributions in peer-reviewed manuscripts to scientific journals.
Other Job Details
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending and functioning within a laboratory environment and instruments in compliance with laboratory safety practices and wear personal protection equipment as required.
- Excellent ability to work on a computer, perform calculations and interpret and present data.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team setting.
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development