HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us. YOUR ROLE
- The Product Development Chemist will develop new and innovative conversion coatings, cleaners, and other pre-paint products for steel, aluminum and other metallic substrates used by Henkel's customers.
- Formulate, test, scale-up and commercialize new technologies while also directing and coordinating the activities of other lab personnel and groups to aid in product development.
- Develop ideas for new product development and the modification of current products through customer interaction and employee collaboration.
- Plan and organize laboratory projects, maintain organized records of the research and reports research results and status to management.
- Give technical presentations to customers in order to promote technologies and products from Henkel.
- Participate in business development by acting as a customer-facing technical resource.
- Support communication exchange with customers, sales and other technical groups on a regular basis. Provide needed technical expertise for product development and solutions for process problems.
- BS in Chemistry or related field is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years' experience with metal cleaning or pretreatment product development is required.
- Experience in the areas of light metal finishing or auto-deposited coatings is a plus.
- Provide needed technical expertise for product development and solutions for process problems.
- Must be able to adjust to changes in workflow, prioritize as needed, and meet deadlines.
- Display the ability to build strong working relationships with management, co-workers and customers.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.