Lead a team of Translational Oncology Leads and Clinical Biomarker Assay Leads within the Oncology Research and Development organization responsible for developing and implementing robust clinical biomarker plans and sourcing the best assays that translates our preclinical knowledge into competitive strategies for programs moving into early clinical development. As an Executive Director you will be tasked with defining and leading the translational oncology strategythrough key partnerships across Oncology R&D, Early Oncology Development & Clinical Research, Early Clinical Development and Worldwide R&D to enable application of cutting edge thinking and technologies into our clinical trials and improve the speed and accuracy of decision making to benefit patients.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team of innovative Translational Oncology Leads and Clinical Biomarker Assay Leads bringing cutting edge science and technology to maximizing the use of our preclinical science into clinical biomarker plans and clinical decision making
- Ensure seamless transition of our science from discovery to the clinic
- Coordinate translational oncology activities across the organization to execute on a strategic vision that leverages a range of Pfizer resources for the advancement of our oncology assets in the clinic.
- Enable the identification and use of appropriate assay strategies and process to drive excellence in execution and value of biomarker assays in our early clinical trials.
- Partner with teams on bench-to-bedside and bedside-to-bench strategies from early discovery through late development
- Ensure effective transition of biomarker strategies and assays between early and late clinical stage teams
- Partner collaboratively across integrated, multi-functional clinical teams encompassing development (e.g. clinical, clinical pharmacology, statistics, development operations) and research (e.g. close interactions with biologists and computational scientists), clinical biomarker assay specialists, diagnostics and asset leaders.
- Through close collaboration with in vivo scientists and the Pfizer clinical biomarker labs develop novel biomarker hypothesis and implement novel technologies
- Provide strategic vision and represent Translational Oncology through participation on Protocol Review and Technical Review Committees
- Member of the Translational Sciences Leadership Team.
- Foster a culture of scientific excellence and innovation both internally and externally to Pfizer.
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, MD/PhD, Pharm. D.) or equivalent experience, with focus on cancer biology and a minimum of 15 years of experience in Oncology drug discovery and development. Candidates should possess a sophisticated understanding of modern cancer biology, cancer genetics and immuno-oncology, with a documented focus on translational research and clinical biospecimen analysis in phase 1 clinical trials.
- Demonstrated excellence designing, executing and interpreting studies of cancer biomarkers in clinical trials, including biomarker development, validation and clinical application.
- Experience with computational, systems and statistical analysis such as scripting, Spotfire, JMP or R programming.
- Ability to drive interactions at the interface between lab bench-based research and early clinical development up to proof of concept studies.
- Significant external scientific influence within the academic community, publication of primary research results in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals and national/international scientific reputation.
- Direct experience or familiarity with state-of-the-art technologies applicable to cancer biomarker or immune response analysis such as next-generation sequencing, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, in situ hybridization, gene expression profiling, and digital image analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while contributing to multiple projects, thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team setting; highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse cross functional teams both in the discovery and development arena
- Track record of excellence in managerial experience, mentorship and team leadership
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Experience with multiple modalities (e.g. small molecules, nanoparticles, antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, bispecifics and vaccines).
- Experience with both cell-autonomous and tumor microenvironment mechanisms.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in matrix organizations.
- Experience leveraging genomic and molecular information from patients with extraordinary responses in early stage clinical trials to guide clinical development.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.