Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow who is self-motivated and career oriented. He/She will participate in an NIH-funded translational cancer research project. This project involves a phase 2 clinical trial on chemoprevention of prostate cancer. The postdoctoral fellow will be involved in preclinical mechanistic studies, including cell biology and animal testing experiments. A strong background in biochemistry and molecular cell biology is essential. Experience in immunology is desirable. Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Experience in molecular biology, animal experiments, and immunology is preferred.
- For more information on Dr. Shiuan Chen's research please visit, here
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Nov 26, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job