A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Hui Zheng in the Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine. The successful applicant will join a highly dynamic research group with excellent track-record and rich resources in both basic and translational research on Alzheimer's disease. The individual will work on projects funded by multiple NIH grants, including but not limited to lysosome regulation, lipid metabolism, and neuroinflammation, using novel mouse models and multidisciplinary approaches.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Successful applicants should have a Ph.D. or M.D. degree with expertise in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, neuroscience and mouse modeling.
- Examples of recent publications include Litvinchuk et al., Neuron 2018; Xu et al., Mol. Psych. 2020; Ghosh et al., Sci. Transl. Med. 2020; Propson et al., J. Clin. Inv. 2021 and Xu et al., PNAS 2021.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.