Provides ongoing administrative support to multiple members of the Biometrics and RWE, and Pharmacovigilance Groups in a fast-paced environment. The primary accountability is to ensure the needs of the functions are prioritized, organized and executed in order to maximize productivity. This is accomplished by coordinating the support of the various leaders, as well as routine departmental support as requested. Daily items for assigned personnel include calendar management, scheduling of meetings and conference rooms, expense reports, travel arrangements, preparation of documents, development of presentation slides, tracking/processing of purchasing requests (proposals, POs, accruals), and any other departmental support tasks as assigned.
The incumbent must be flexible, a team player, and is expected to have the judgment necessary to prioritize conflicting goals, keeping everyone aware of the conflicts and communicating effectively with the organizations being supported. He/she will demonstrate strong collaboration with Administrative colleagues within the organization.
Provides general support, such as:
- Maintains calendars, department schedules and time-off schedules
- Coordinates meetings including reserving meeting rooms, audio/visual equipment, catering and other resources.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; coordinates and prepares outgoing mail.
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets and presentations, as directed.
- Compiles basic information and reports, relevant to department projects.
- Maintains electronic and paper filing systems.
- Maintains or tracks department budget(s).
- Provides travel, schedule, and meeting coordination including preparing daily itineraries and meeting schedules
- Coordinates travel plans for department staff.
- Greets visitors, answers and directs phone calls to appropriate areas and answers routine inquiries; schedules meetings with external partners.
- Acts as a business partner to the Head of Department to support the objectives and deliverables of the business including project management
Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Generally has 5 years of advanced administrative experience in a professional environment
- Experience in the Biopharma industry helpful
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field or Secretarial/Administrative certification, preferred
- Experience in the biopharma industry helpful
Key Skills and Abilities and Competencies
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills; ability to organize and maintain accurate, orderly files and records
- Strong attention to detail; ability to accurately proofread documents
- Can do, positive attitude
- Proven track record of managing multiple, parallel priorities for several leaders.
- Present in a professional manner at all times; be detail-oriented, thorough and accurate, be customer and employee focused, demonstrate resiliency and high productivity in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to properly draft and edit meeting agendas, correspondence and presentations and interface with senior leaders required.
- Demonstrated team player with sense of urgency and a record of proactively taking initiative as appropriate and must handle confidential matters requiring discretion required.
- Strong computer skills and experience in productivity and portal technology systems to effectively handle Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Concur and expense reporting processes required.
- Word: Forms, Mail Merge, Index and Tables
- Excel: Forms, Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables, Graphs
- PowerPoint: Graphics, Animation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use a personal computer to accurately type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, vocabulary, spelling
- Experience making international and domestic travel arrangements and coordinating on/offsite meetings are required
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market:
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.