PD Downstream Associate Scientist
The downstream process development (DSPD) team is seeking a highly motivated associate scientist with relevant industry experience to join the team. The successful candidate will participate in multiple downstream process development programs in Spark's innovative pipeline.
ResponsibilitiesDescribe the essential daily job functions and include % of time spent on each.
Job Function and Description
- Lab-based experiments, including both bench scale and pilot scale operations.
- Prepare experiment summary, process development reports and tech transfer documents
- BS or MS in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or related area with 0-3 years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of downstream process development of the biologics, such as viral vectors, monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, and therapeutic recombinant proteins in the biopharma industry
- Hands-on experience with operating chromatography and filtration systems
- Working knowledge and skills for viral vector or vaccine purification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques for in process testing or product characterization is a plus
- Working knowledge of statistical design of experiments and data analysis is a plus
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.