Analytical Development Scientist
- Executing and interpreting lab experiments of moderate complexity and diverse scope under guidance of group leader or senior scientist; may participate in experimental design
- Developing a specific assay, process unit operation, or enabling technology
- Helping with equipment / lab maintenance and sample management
- Learning and developing new skills through on-the-job experiences
- Participating in the authoring of technical reports
- Working in team setting and participating in group discussions
- Maintaining accurate, timely and detailed records of work.
- Working in the labs to perform experiments described above in the job primary duties
- Design experiments, organize, discuss and record experimental data.
- Prepare presenting materials, literature search and so on.
- Trainings, lab meetings and administration work
- Ph.D. in Biological sciences, with related experience, or B.S. degree or M.S, degree in Biological Sciences and > 3 years biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience with viral vector production and characterization is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge in designing, implementing and troubleshooting experiments
- Strong technical lab skills with intermediate understanding of background theory
- Flexibility to change tasks and order of priorities quickly as needs of business change
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team and to train junior staff
- Stays current with relevant scientific literature
- Excellent organizational, record keeping, and communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrates Spark values, especially Commit to Collaboration and Demonstrate the Respect you Seek
• Refers to policies and established procedures for guidance
• Strong technical expertise in one or more lab operations or procedures
• Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Plan daily work schedule to complete tasks efficiently
• Work is generally performed independently, with some moderate direction
• Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices/techniques/standards
• Work is reviewed for soundness of judgement and overall adequacy and accuracyInternal and External Contacts:
• Serves as SME for Analytical Development technical discussions
• Represent group/department on specific projects
• May participate/present at relevant scientific conferences and contribute to publications
• Communicates and coordinates with external vendors
• Attend scientific conferences or symposia; may present when possible#LI-2326
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.