Postdoctoral Associate - Marth Lab (Immunity and Pathogenesis)
Sanford Burnham Prebys is a preeminent, independent biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding human biology and disease, and advancing scientific discoveries to profoundly impact human health.
The Marth laboratory has a Postdoctoral Associate position available.
Dr. Marth’s research focuses on the discovery, understanding and treatment of common diseases resulting from the disruption of normal protein glycosylation. The Marth Lab conducts in vivo and in vitro experiments on the role of protein glycosylation in the origins of common grievous diseases including sepsis, colitis, diabetes, autoimmunity, and cancer.
San Diego is an outstanding scientific environment and a fabulous place to live.
To apply for this position please provide CV and Cover Letter on our application website link.
- Perform independent experiments with guidance as part of an established team
- Keep detailed notes, records and follow established protocols
- Proactively share results with PI and team members
- Make formal lab presentations
- Multitask to make progress on multiple technical approaches as needed
- Be comfortable and willing to interact with physicians and patients when needed
- PhD in biological sciences or MD within the last 4 years
- Peer-reviewed first author research publications in established journals
- Hands on experience and training in at least 3 of the following: glycobiology, DNA/RNA methodologies, immunology, infectious disease, biochemistry, cell biology, protein trafficking, proteomics/glycoproteomics, mouse genetics and husbandry
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Must be organized, time efficient, prompt, and work as part of a high-functioning, well integrated team of scientists
- Must speak, write, understand, and have daily conversations in fluent, academic English
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Show respectful, interactive, and supportive spirit
- Comfortable with frequent communication with others
- Must balance independence and self-reliance with willingness and proactiveness to learn new skills
The scientists at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute are making research breakthroughs in cancer, neuroscience, immunology, and children's disease. We are also at the forefront of finding solutions for health threats such as COVID-19, where we are working to identify drugs that may help millions of people. During our more than 40 year history, we have established an NCI-designated Cancer Center, designed one of the most sophisticated drug discovery centers in the nonprofit world, and created global collaborations that are leading to preventions, treatments and cures to improve human health.
Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability – committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click HERE.
If you need an accommodation seeking employment with Sanford Burnham Prebys, please email email@example.com. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.