The Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is seeking a Research Coordinator to join their team. This position will assist in the coordination of research protocols and provide administrative and patient care services for translational research work (screening study for HPV-related head and neck cancers) under the supervision of Dr. Erich Sturgis. Principal responsibility will be study subject recruitment, enrollment and basic data management for a study to develop a cancer screening paradigm in middle aged men. Job Duties
- Coordinates patient data for the HPV-related Oropharyngeal and Uncommon Cancers Screening Trial of Men.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
- Establishes priorities, manages multiple tasks, and completes work assignments in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Carries out day to day operations of assigned protocols and research studies.
- Interfaces closely with clinical staff, faculty, and research personnel to ensure timely and accurate collection of research data.
- Screens and enrolls patients to research protocols, including taking informed consent in accordance with federal regulations.
- Verifies and reviews patient eligibility criteria of potential subjects with study PI to ensure study subjects get enrolled in the study correctly.
- Assists from time-to-time with department-wide research activities such as data collation and database
management as needed.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (STEM not required).
- Communication with patients or research subjects in a medical environment and experience in coordinating and scheduling patients or research subjects.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.