The purpose of this global role is to collaborate across Pharmaceutical Sciences global sites and all PharmSci lines to design, develop, and implement training educational and professional development programs that meet colleague and business needs. This role is expected to apply project management and instructional design skills to successfully develop and lead various training-related initiatives across the PharmSci lines.
This role also supports certain PharmSci business lines with their day-to-day training assignments and responsibilities including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training requirements and associated tasks and responsibilities.
This role will drive the majority of the technical aspects of the Training System including understanding Pfizer's digital infrastructure and how it relates to and impacts training implementation of PharmSci's scientific systems. The role will lead the development and maintenance of tools that enhance training processes such as training compliance dashboards, request manager, power automate, etc. The person in this position will be knowledgeable of Digital and infrastructure changes and know how they impact the training system and make appropriate enhancements to our tools and systems. This position will support work at multiple sites.
This role is responsible to assess forward looking tools to continually improve how training is delivered and implement these tools where feasible. For tools that exist, the role provides technical oversight and expertise. This position brings extensive systems and project management skills as well as the ability to incorporate innovative products and technology business solutions. Thought leadership and technical direction, guidance, and definition for solution implementation are also required. He/she delivers services that link together the learning experience with our applications, analytics, process workflows, and enterprise learning platforms.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Training Team with knowledge of PharmSci and enterprise systems and how they can improve our work.
- Map out the learning journey to understand areas of overlap, duplication, and other inefficient practices. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Work within and support the Training Team on group-wide initiatives to assess and improve processes, determine areas to streamline and encourage and support the projects of others.
- Collaborate with PharmSci business lines and other resources as necessary to support training administration within the learning management system.
- Provide subject matter expertise to global and site customers for the learning management system and other systems used in the drug development process as appropriate.
- Design and develop innovative and creative instructor-led, e-learning and on-the-job training courses, including assessments, using adult learning principles and appropriate media compatible with the learning management system.
- Develop curriculum and interface with leadership and SMEs to appropriately assign within the learning management system.
- Support curriculum management through the creation, revision and inactivation of learning activities; build, update, and retire job roles; assign and remove job roles; and process course completion data and waivers in the learning management system.
- Maintain awareness of current pharmaceutical compliance trends and utilize information to support system changes to enhance the internal training system processes.
- Function as a training subject matter expert and provide management and support for corporate and regulatory audits.
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and regulatory agency requirements.
- Actively keep informed of internal and external developments in learning technologies and creatively engage customers to use.
- Assist with communications and educational campaigns including Share Point development.
- BS/BA with 8-10 years of professional experience, preferably in the healthcare/pharmaceutical field or in a drug development, technical, or business discipline.
- Sound understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and various types of training documentation (e.g., SOPs, User Guides, training curricula).
- Able to work in ambiguous situations and use critical thinking skills and sound judgment to assess and proactively solve problems.
- Understanding of/experience with systems and reports, and their associated requirements, e.g., Business Objects, SharePoint, WebEx, data visualization, Microsoft Tools.
- Ability to listen to customers, partner on plan forward, influence outcomes.
- Concise written and verbal communication ability.
- Demonstrated experience workingindependently on assignments, often with urgent timelines.
- High level of comfort learning and working in electronic systems to manage work.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects, tasks and requests.
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service.
- Project and change management expertise.
- Forward looking with a visionary mindset
- Ability to work well with all levels and roles on cross-functional, global teams.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical lab and manufacturing workplace, ideally including instrumentation, and process and manufacturing equipment.
- Familiarity with investigation, compliance and associated systems.
- Experience with software and development/deployment of web-based courses.
- Experience with technical writing and/or basic coding.
- Continuous improvement or belting certification.
RESOURCES MANAGED Financial Accountability
- PharmSci business lines, PharmSci Learning Community, Pfizer Digital
- Other Pfizer-wide training and education groups (e.g., Worldwide Research, Development & Medical, Pfizer Global Supply, Global Product Development)
- Vendors as needed
- Industry partners
Candidate is not directly responsible for budget but is accountable for working within project budget assigned. Supervision
This role is an individual contributor but will likely manage contracted resources.
Matrixed leadership and influencing without authority are important to the success of this role because work is primarily accomplished through others.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development