Postdoctoral positions are available in the Liu lab in the Microbial Sciences Institute at Yale University to participate in research focused on the structural mechanisms of molecular machines essential for bacterial pathogenesis and viral infection.
Candidates with Ph.D. degrees and a background in microbiology, cell biology, or structural biology are encouraged to apply. Expertise in microscopy or image analysis is also desired. Applicants must have first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals and be highly motivated. To apply, please send a curriculum vitae, description of research experience, and three references to Dr. Jun Liu.
Please view our Publications before applying. Selected Publications:
- Hu B, Margolin W, Molineux IJ, and Liu J: The Bacteriophage T7 Virion Undergoes Extensive Structural Remodeling during Infection. Science. 2013, 339(6119): 576-9.
- Hu B, Lara-Tejero M, Kong Q, Galan JE, Liu J: In situ molecular architecture of the Salmonella type III secretion machine. Cell. 2017, 168(6): 1065-1074.e10.
- Chetrit D, Hu B, Christie PJ, Roy CR, Liu J: A Unique Cytoplasmic ATPase Complex Defines the Legionella pneumophila Type IV Secretion Channel, Nature Microbiol. 3(6): 678-686, 2018.
- Park D, Lara-Tejero M, Waxham MN, Li W, Hu B, Galan JE, Liu J: Visualization of the type III secretion mediated Salmonella-host cell interface using cryo-electron tomography, eLife. 2018 Oct 3;7. pii: e39514.
- Wang C, Tu J, Liu J, Molineux IJ: Structural Dynamics of Bacteriophage P22 Infection Initiation Revealed by Cryo-Electron Tomography, Nature Microbiol. 2019. 4, 1049-1056.
- Li Z, Li W, Lu M, Bess J Jr, Chao CW, Gorman J, Terry DS, Zhang B, Zhou T, Blanchard SC, Kwong PD, Lifson JD, Mothes W, Liu J: Subnanometer structures of HIV-1 envelope trimers on aldrithiol-2-inactivated virus particles. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2020 Aug;27(8):726-734.
- Chang Y, Zhang K, Carroll BL, Zhao X, Charon NW, Norris SJ, Motaleb MA, Li C, Liu J: Molecular mechanism for rotational switching of the bacterial flagellar motor. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2020 Nov;27(11):1041-1047.
Apply for Postdoctoral Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly