The Research Associate performs complex research of an advanced nature under the direction of the Principal Investigator. The RA functions somewhat independently to assist with and conduct laboratory experiments. The positioin requires a high-level of skill and expertise in the area of research specialty.Job Duties
- Collects, prepares, analyzes, dissects, and evaluates specimens and/or tissue cultures.
- Weighs and anesthetizes laboratory animals for experiments and maintains records on such animals relative to feeding and physical condition.
- Operates laboratory equipment and contributes to laboratory maintenance.
- Performs a variety of assays, tests, and studies of a routing nature.
- Performs calculations to complete research test results; collates data; performs statistical analysis of lab results and maintain notes and log or computer database.
- Assists with small animal surgery.
- Calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Maintains highly detailed records.
- Performs specialized and complex experiments in such areas a molecular biology, cell culture.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Master's, PhD and MD all welcome to apply
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.