Baylor College of Medicine's Division of Thoracic Surgery is seeking a full-time Senior Research Assistant to serve as a key member in a growing health services research program for one year. The SRA will be responsible for the primary statistical analysis for research projects which use large administrative databases and cancer registries. Because of these responsibilities, applicants should have a master's degree in biostatistics, public health or clinical research. There will be ample opportunities for publication and presentation at national meetings. Job Duties
- Oversees the storage and use of data from large cancer registries and administrative databases.
- Performs statistical analysis of large datasets.
- Communicates with regulatory agencies including the Baylor College of Medicine IRB.
- Summarizes research findings and publishes results in research journals.
- Organizes weekly research meetings.
- Presents at national and/or international meetings.
- Supervises research staff.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- Conducts literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field, biostatistics, public health or clinical research.
- Should have a desire to help build successful research programs, deepen insight in health services research and be willing to present research.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.