The Alkek Center for Metagenomics and Microbiome Research (CMMR) at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is looking for a driven, experienced Senior Staff Scientist to assist with management of large-scale microbiome projects. The candidate must have excellent organizational and communication skills to ensure effective management of projects by correctly planning, organizing, tracking, and delivering on all project aspects. Ability to multi-task and handle many moving parts are a must as the center is growing rapidly.Job Duties
- Conducts research projects under the general guidance of the principal investigator but exhibits the ability to plan and implement experiments and analyze their results.
- Supports funded collaborative projects, including assistance with project scoping, data generation, analysis, and reporting.
- Documents, evaluates, analyzes, and monitors scientific and collaborative projects.
- Handles status report generation, routine presentations, grant application writing support, and manuscript preparation.
- Coordinates the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Interacts with a variety of collaborators routinely; strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed.
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- Ph.D. in the field of Microbiology or similar.
- Experience in statistical analysis and/or in the genomic analysis of microbial community data.
- Experience in grant management or grant writing.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.