The GARP RAII assists in the operation of the laboratory by performing specialized tasks involving genomic profiling technologies including Next-Generation Sequencing. The position is responsible for the operation of various instruments and processing samples for users of the GARP core. The RAII interacts with various research areas by providing genomic profiling expertise to augment ongoing research.Job Duties
- Performs genomic profiling related duties including NGS library construction.
- Performs assays related to epigenomic and transcriptomic profiling.
- Operates and maintains NGS sequencers.
- Configures and operates Illumina and Oxford Nanopore NGS platforms.
- Participates in experimental design and R&D projects.
- Validates commercial NGS library prep kits as well as custom protocols.
- Develops and maintains lab protocols and actively participates in improving protocols.
- Works synergistically with peers from the candidate's own group, and other groups.
- Trains co-workers in the proper use of instrumentation, protocols, and software.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to ensure on-time delivery of results.
- Interprets results for validity and scientific meaning.
- Presents scientific results clearly in written and oral format.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience with NGS.
- Strong experience with basic molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, capillary electrophoresis).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.