About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
The Senior IT Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing one or more IT projects with intermediate to high complexity, interacting closely with internal staff and business partners to effectively develop and deliver project solutions. This position is accountable for the timely completion of all project management deliverables per established IT PMO requirements for all assigned projects and must ensure that project delivery is executed according to the IT PMO framework/methodology identified for each project.
The Senior IT PM must effectively balance multiple projects and either oversee the creation of or develop project documentation such as business requirements, project plans, project schedules, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications.This role is Fully Remote. Candidate may sit in any 48 States but need to be willing to work Pacific Hours. Key responsibilities include:
- Manages up to 5 projects of various sizes or 1 -3 large and/or multi-year projects that span one or multiple functional areas
- Ensures adherence to project management processes and best practices as defined by IT PMO
- Serves as a primary point-of-contact for assigned projects, managing day-to-day activities and resources.
- Partners with business, impacted technology areas, and IT PMO to ensure project delivery that achieves project goals and objectives within agreed upon scope, budget, and schedule.
- Completes project deliverables that are timely and meet quality and customer expectations, including estimates, project plans, and all other documentation and artifacts. This may also include presentations to executives, project team members and others.
- Manages project change requests needed to adjust schedule, budget, or scope. Makes recommendations that drive project success, including changing approach, providing feedback on recommended solution, and providing oversight and guidance to the project team, as needed
- Promotes and execute any organizational or departmental change management to support project delivery
- Manages project risks and issues
- Supports ongoing intake of unbudgeted/unplanned projects throughout the year
- Monitors project progress on a regular basis and change project approach or direction, as needed
- Develops and delivers timely status reports, project metrics or other management reports required by leadership and stakeholders.
- Manages vendor relationships and vendor resources as appropriate for the project, to ensure adherence to Statement of Work (SOW) with respect to project delivery, billing, scheduling and other terms of the agreement
- Participates or drive problem-solving in a team environment.
- Understands and manage interdependencies between technology, operations, and business.
- Drives and executes continuous improvement
QUALIFICATIONS Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Manages multiple projects concurrently in a matrixed environment
- Manages project delivery in full compliance with the IT PMO standards, tools, and platform
- Technical Skills
- Proficient knowledge in developing and maintaining integrated and detailed project plans to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion using MS Project
- Proficient knowledge in developing and managing individual and roll-up project budgets, resource plans, and risk mitigation strategies for IT and related projects
- Domain knowledge for assigned functional area (e.g., patient care, finance & business systems)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office products - SharePoint, Teams, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in MS Project
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to lead across the organization at any level and all disciplines
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by partnering with stakeholder to establish credibility, solve problems collaboratively, build consensus and achieve project goals and objectives, resulting in project success
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual who is decisive, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate efficiently both orally and in writing to explain or promote ideas, concepts, recommendations, technical and complex information.
- Manages a positive, collaborative project team environment that encourages support and success
- Provides clear, consistent, and timely communication to executive leadership, the project team, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Effectively collaborates with peers and leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others' projects by sharing and reallocating team members' priorities and assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+years of experience in a project management capacity
- Demonstrated experience managing programs/projects with budgets of $1M-$3M
- Proficiency managing cross-functional or matrixed teams
- Experience developing and managing integrated work plans
- Experience collaborating with executive Leadership
- Experience collaborating with business customers across functional areas
- Experience in vendor management
- Demonstrated experience in project delivery methodologies (Agile/Waterfall)
Two Opening For This Role. Additional Information:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Business Administration Master's Degree in Information Systems or Business Administration
- Program/Project Management, Business Analysis, Business Process Improvement
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
- Experience in Healthcare industry
To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2021
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job