Interested in making a difference? Join Intelligent Imaging Innovations (3i) as a Microscopist in Denver, Colorado. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global biotech organization designing and manufacturing cutting edge microscopy imaging platforms. Established in 1995, 3i currently has microscopy systems in over 25 countries and its products have been cited in over 6,000 publications worldwide. 3i offers a fast-paced, small company environment where individual contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The ideal candidate has previous experience with optics used in microscopes and opto-electronic hardware and possesses an Optics Technology Certificate or STEM degree. This is a full-time position and offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous employer contribution towards health, dental and vision insurance, employer sponsored life and disability insurance and generous paid time off. The salary range is $50k-$70k, depending upon education and experience.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Two or more years of experience with optics used in microscopes and/or opto-electronic hardware with microscopy systems; and/or
- STEM degree, optics technology or technical certificate
- Multiphoton, confocal, imaging analysis and/or fluorescent microscopy preferred
Responsibilities: The Microscopist is responsible for instrument assembly, testing, installation, troubleshooting, repair and rudimentary training. The Microscopist works closely with the Research & Development, Sales, Manufacturing, Systems Engineering and Marketing departments. Work may occur in either the factory, a home office or the field. This position requires up to 75% travel.
Conditions of Employment:
- Authorized for permanent employment in the United States
- Pass a pre-employment background check and motor vehicle record check
- 3i’s confidentiality, non-compete, employment agreement
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for admission to customer sites
- Work safely with lasers, optical and electrical systems; understand and follow safety procedures and maintain a safe working environment
- Work remotely on occasion and travel as required
- Live within commuting distance of Denver, Colorado