Senior Scientist or Postdoctoral fellow
Senior Scientist or Postdoctoral fellow – Gene regulation in innate and adaptive lymphocytes
Senior scientist or postdoctoral fellow positioning are available in the laboratory of Dr. Han-Yu Shih at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. The Shih lab aims to understand the mechanisms that precisely regulate gene expression in lymphoid cells through multidisciplinary genomic approaches. Lymphoid cells communicate with nearby cell types through the production of cytokines, dysregulation of which results in neural and ocular inflammation in infectious, autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases. Candidates will investigate immunoregulation of neuroinflammation using “omic” approaches, with the ultimate goal of identifying potential therapeutic targets for neuroinflammatory diseases.
This position offers exposure to multidisciplinary and cutting-edge genomic research and opportunities to collaborate closely with experts in immunology, neurobiology, and bioinformatics. Candidates will be leading/co-leading projects, designing experiments for generating high-dimensional data while working closely with collaborators and lab members. She/he will be involved in lab maintenance and management. For postdoctoral fellows, NIH provides an excellent training environment for career development and support. Opportunities for training in bioinformatics as well as mentoring postbacs or summer students will be available based on interest. Salary is commensurate with research experience and accomplishments.
Current projects in the lab are focused on two major questions:
- How do chromatin landscapes and transcription factors control innate and adaptive lymphoid cell development and activation?
- How do cytokines and their producers contribute to the progression of aging and neurodegenerative diseases?
- Ph.D. in immunology, biology, neuroscience, and related fields (granted within three years for postdoctoral positions).
- Self-motivated and keen to develop and/or learn cutting-edge technologies.
- Experience in studying tissue-resident immune cells (e.g. gut, brain, liver), or in gene regulation using genomic assays (e.g. ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq or Hi-C) are preferred.
- Basic programming skills in R and bash script is a plus but not required.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
For interested candidates, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information of three references to: NEI Shih Lab email@example.com
Apply for Senior Scientist or Postdoctoral fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly