Research Associate in the Laboratory of Dr. Gabriella Boulting, PhD
Our laboratory studies what makes the human brain different from that of other animals. There are countless differences that influence how our brain works in unique ways, starting with the most basic: our DNA sequence! Our genetic sequence determines the rules for how our brains develop and adapt new functions in response to experience.
We are a neuro-genetics laboratory with a hybrid wet lab / dry lab environment. We apply human stem cells and cutting-edge single cell, molecular, and genomic approaches to discover novel aspects of human neuroscience. This position is an excellent training opportunity and may include a subset of the following experimental techniques/analyses, depending on the candidates’ experience: Human stem cell culture and neuronal differentiation, FACS, viral gene delivery, molecular cloning, single-cell RNAseq, ChIPseq, RNAseq, Cut&Tag, Hi-C, ATACseq, MERFISH, processing of human and animal brain samples, molecular biochemistry, bioinformatic and genomic data analysis.
We are part of the highly collaborative and innovative Neurobiology Department (https://www.umassmed.edu/neurobiology/ ) and the greater biomedical community of the UMass Chan Medical School: https://www.umassmed.edu/ .
We are searching for responsible, enthusiastic, and creative team members to build our growing research program.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/wy8GzJFkqL28HD2XH5Lzl