Energy Storage Innovation Fellow
As part of empowerST, a first-of-its-kind battery NYSERDA-supported innovation fellowship program, outstanding entrepreneurially-minded innovators will advance their battery storage inventions towards market-ready technologies.
Over the course of the two (2)-year program, the fellows will receive:
- Salary with an excellent benefits program;
- Up to $100,000 total support for R&D efforts, and a $3,000 travel stipend;
- Technical mentorship under the direction of world-renowned battery research leaders, including Stanley Whittingham;
- Entrepreneurship and customer-discovery training to advance commercialization readiness of the innovations;
- Startup company formation support, and incubator space and membership if appropriate;
- Access to battery dry room and a recently launched battery gigafactory in Endicott, NY;
- Technology transfer and IP support for intellectual property protection of the respective battery technology inventions, industry partner outreach and engagement, and agreement negotiations.
Fellows are expected to conduct appropriate R&D activities resulting in a proof of concept to advance their battery technology projects, publish and present relevant research findings, seek and apply for additional research funding, fully participate in entrepreneurial training programs, and undertake activities to advance the IP protection for and commercialization readiness of their battery technologies.