Assistant Professor of Systems Biology
The Department of Biological Sciences at Louisiana State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Systems Biology. We seek an innovative and collaborative investigator who uses quantitative datasets or big data in systems biology approaches. Specific applications include, but are not limited to, omics sciences, network biology, single cell biology, astrobiology, and genetics.
Biological Sciences at LSU is a large and dynamic department, with research ranging across all levels of biological systems. In addition to the Department of Biological Sciences, opportunities for collaborative research are available at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine, the LSU College of the Coast & Environment, the LSU College of Agriculture, the LSU Pennington Biomedical Research Center, and the LSU Center for Computation & Technology. Successful candidates will be expected to establish and maintain a vigorously funded research program and to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- 50% Develop and maintain an independent and extramurally funded research program ranging across all levels of biological organization.
- 50% Teach undergraduate and/or graduate level courses in a biological sciences discipline, and direct/supervise graduate students. Participate in service activities pertaining to the mission of the Department, and the advancement of the profession.
- Ph.D. in Systems Biology, Biological Sciences, or a related field
- Applicant should have a successful track record of productive research and publication along with postdoctoral experience.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statements of research and teaching interests
- Three representative publications
- Three references who can provide letters of recommendation at a future date
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement describing how you will promote an inclusive learning environment and how your scholarship and mentoring practices support a diverse academic community.
A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire.
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (email@example.com).
COVID-19 Vaccine Protocol:
LSU requires the COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty, and staff or mandatory monthly testing. New employees must either submit proof of vaccination within three (3) days of their official start date, otherwise they will be entered into the mandatory monthly testing protocol beginning in November 2021.
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu