Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 12th globally. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities. NTU invites outstanding early-career researchers to apply for appointment as a Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow.
The Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, provides a unique career opportunity for early-career researchers who are keen to develop their career and gain international experience in both Asia and Europe. The fellowship covers two years of independent research, split evenly between Nanyang Technological University Singapore and with a Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden.
The WASP is a major national initiative for strategically motivated basic research, education and faculty recruitment. It is by far the largest individual research program in Sweden. WASP has five partner universities: Chalmers University of Technology, Linköping University, Lund University, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and Umeå University. In addition, research groups at Örebro University and Uppsala University that are members of WASP AI are also included in WASP.
The Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate the intellectual capacity and rigor to drive their own research in the broad and multi-disciplinary areas of
- Artificial intelligence,
- Machine learning,
- Big data and data analytics,
- Software and security, and
- Mobility and autonomy.
The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides a 2-year tenure, with time split evenly between NTU Singapore and a WASP research group in Sweden. The Fellows will have the option either to start the first year with NTU Singapore or with a WASP research group.
For the one year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD100,000.
- An annual salary of up to SGD80,000.
- Relocation allowance and generous housing allowance of up to SGD18,000 for entire duration of Fellowship.
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the 5 focus areas of Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship at NTU.
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the one year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at NTU and at a WASP partner institution in Sweden.
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application time.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in one of the five focus areas of Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship.
How to apply
The application for the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022 is open from 15 November 2021 to 10 January 2022, 2359hr (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
Applications must be submitted in electronic format via NTU Online Application Portal at https://www.ntu.edu.sg/tracs/ppf
The following Supporting Documents have to be attached to the on-line application form. Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying on-line. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
For more information on the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022, please visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/tracs/ppf.
For more information on WASP, please visit http://wasp-sweden.org.
Queries about the application can be directed to email@example.com
About Nanyang Technological University
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Engineering, Business, Science, Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences, and Graduate colleges. It also has a medical school, the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, established jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to world-class autonomous institutes – the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering – and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) and Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N).
Ranked amongst the world’s top universities by QS, NTU has also been named the world’s top young university for the past seven years. The University’s main campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) buildings, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum. Apart from its main campus, NTU also has a campus in Novena, Singapore’s healthcare district.
Under the NTU Smart Campus vision, the University harnesses the power of digital technology and tech-enabled solutions to support better learning and living experiences, the discovery of new knowledge, and the sustainability of resources.
For more information, visit www.ntu.edu.sg