Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Our group at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is looking for exceptional Post-doctoral Fellows in the area of cancer biology, specialized in “Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy, Bioengineering, T cell Receptors or Stem Cells Research”.
The successful candidate will perform research on discovery and translational science to interface clinical development for treatment of cancer patients. We expect that immunotherapy approach for human clinical investigation will emerge from these efforts through our collaborations.
Our lab at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking a motivated and talented scientist who will contribute to discovery and translational research. The major focus of this specific position will include a talented scientist who develop and execute biological assays, interpret the results, analyze the data, and support further research activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting cell-based and molecular biology research including tissue culture, phenotypes, proliferation and cytotoxicity assays, flow cytometry analyses, gene editing through CRISPR, RNA/DNA analyses including ChIP-seq and RNA-seq, transduction / transfections / infection, RNA/DNA extractions, PCR, immune-histochemistry, immuno-precipitations and immunoblotting, and general lab organization/ordering as well as lab safety issues. Expertise in evaluation of drug efficacy studies in animal models could be also helpful.
- Performing preclinical studies in mouse models of cancer.
- Maintaining accurate records, writing reports, and preparing/giving presentations.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences.
- A strong background in immunology, cancer biology, molecular biology and cell biology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform both self-directed and guided research.
- Effectively work as part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists.
The postdoctoral fellow will be affiliated with the Department of Medical Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School.
For more information and to apply, please visit:
About Dana Farber:
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.