Senior Associate Dean for Operations and Faculty Affairs
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a twelve-month, tenured Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Operations and Faculty Affairs in the College of Science and Mathematics, beginning July 1, 2022.
Responsibilities include administration, teaching, and service in addition to:
- Leads development of policies for recruitment, and promotion of faculty
- Guides college effort to promote inclusive excellence in STEM
- Contributes to Strategic Planning for College
- Works with Faculty Affairs
- Oversees annual review of faculty performance
- Monitors equity initiatives for staff and faculty
- Manages space, including faculty office assignments
- Supervises renovations of facilities
- Oversees equipment acquisition
- Has oversight of Undergraduate Experiential Learning Initiative
- Manages special projects assigned by the Dean
- Guides efforts for mentoring of faculty within departments
- Represents the College at campus meetings in Dean’s absence
Required Qualifications Include:
- Possess an earned doctorate, or its foreign equivalent in a discipline offered by the college.
- Provide evidence of scholarship that merits appointment as full professor with tenure.
- Have experience as a Department Chair (or Head)
- Provide evidence of a track record of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to perform administrative tasks.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.