The Ohio State University
The Translational Data Analytics Institute at Ohio State is seeking a full-time data scientist to join our team. The TDAI Data Scientist is a new position that will assume primary responsibility for establishing and leading TDAI's Data Science Services and TDAI's Data Literacy Program.
Data Science Services: The Data Scientist will support academic research across the university by designing and implementing practical solutions to data science challenges. This position will be responsible for standing-up TDAI's data science services and leading a team of post-doctoral/graduate student data fellows to work on diverse, collaborative research projects, providing data science consultation and services/support for the OSU research community. The Data Scientist will be expected to partner with others on the TDAI team in business development and proposal writing activities.
Data Literacy Program: The Data Scientist will be responsible for establishing and leading TDAI's program in data literacy by leveraging other current trainings across campus and by developing new workshops and trainings to address unmet needs of internal and external clients. The Data Scientist will be expected to develop workshop materials and teach students, staff and faculty in data science methods and technologies.
- PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other data analysis-intensive discipline
- Technical & Teaching Skills
- Complex dataset management and data integration
- Experience solving real-world problems by applying statistical modeling and machine learning methods on complex data sets
- Expertise in programming languages (e.g., C, R, or Python) and software development
- Experience with mixed effect models, time series analysis, data visualization, text mining or language processing
- Experience developing materials for and conducting trainings/workshops on topics, methods and/or technologies relevant to data science and analytics
- Leadership & Management Skills
- Experience working in and leading interdisciplinary teams to solve data-driven problems
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Experience supervising post-doctoral fellows and/or graduate students
- Experience teaching data science and analytics methods and tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in grant proposal and manuscript writing
- Adept at verbal and written communication for both technical and lay audiences
- Two years of work experience addressing complex data science challenges
- Prior experience in higher education
- Experience with parallel computing and technologies for data science
Please follow the below link to apply directly on the company website:
Final candidates are subject to successful completion of a background check. A drug screen, physical, or psychological screening may be required during the post offer process.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other bases under the law. Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Equal Employment Identification form.