About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
Manages specimens for Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) reporting and submission. Responsible for consent verification, Biopsecimen shipment, compilation, registration and submission of data for long term follow up. Maintains a system for effective consent tracking, data requests, data flow associated with CIBMTR and COH transplant program requirements. Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintains current and accurate consent and biospecimen protocol documentation; notifies investigators and other team members of pertinent protocol changes.
- Compiles and submits the long term follow up data on appropriate forms according to CIBMTR requirements.
- Verifies consent for allogeneic patients and donors who are eligible for specimen collection per CIBMTR and COH corresponding protocol. Prepares and ship specimens for analysis to CIBMTR, using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens; ensures proper labeling and obtains pertinent information on request forms; develops and maintains knowledge of various aspects of processing specimens, paying particular attention to safety practices.
- Works on special data management projects as assigned.
- Works with physician or nurse to see that protocol related tests and evaluations are ordered per protocol guidelines. Collaborates with transplant nurses to assure timely consenting and specimen collection to avoid potential deviations.
- Performs protocol specific duties as required per the research study.
- Works with supervisor to ensure performance of appropriate levels of quality.
- Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problem areas to supervisor.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Provides staff relief as required to meet the needs of the department.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
Preferred education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Associate's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- One year experience working in a health care setting, preferably in a hematology/oncology setting.
- Read, identify and extract pertinent data from medical record
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Medical Record, Health Information Systems, clinical trials exposure or related health field.
- Foster/promote a positive image and professional appearance
- Sensitivity to intercultural relations.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Nov 9, 2021
- Job Field: Clinical Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job