Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Our faculty members seek highly motivated and exceptionally creative candidates to lead cutting-edge research projects in the field of blood cellular therapy, inflammation and immunology, and hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) biology. Areas of research focus include:
- basic molecular biology and cellular mechanisms regulating multiple hematopoietic cell types with the ultimate goal of developing new technologies create new or improved clinical therapeutic potential.
- molecular mechanisms of heme and iron-driven toxicity, including inflammation and oxidative stress and the role of detoxification systems in counteracting these effects.
- mechanisms of altered innate immune regulatory networks in chronic inflammatory diseases and development of novel targeted immunotherapies to reverse or treat these conditions.
Successful candidates will:
- join an academic NIH funded research environment with state-of-the-art facilities in one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world.
- collaborate with a multi-disciplinary group of research scientists, including basic and translational investigators, across the blood center as well as with pharma companies.
- participate in the Research Fellow/Staff Committee offering online career development courses and lectures on topics related to academic success and industry careers, monthly journal club and lecture series by invited speakers.
- Conduct and design independent research under the direction of lab Principal Investigator (PI).
- Perform cell cultures, molecular and biochemical bench work including tissue harvesting, cell processing, histology, omics, flow cytometry, and imaging.
- Animal husbandry.
- Summarize experimental data and assist in drafting figures, results, and methods under the direction of the PI.
- Mentor junior research assistants/technicians/volunteers.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the present scientific literature relating to the research in the laboratory.
- Public presentation of research findings to other members of the scientific community.
- Extremely competitive base salary to qualified candidates commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
- Additional $15K postdoc housing allowance in addition to base salary.
- Assistance with Visa application process.
- Support from LFKRI staff to locate housing opportunities.
- A generous benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan, wellness programs,
Individual salary rates are based on the applicant’s Experience Level, as guided by the NIH. https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-21-049.html
Ph.D. or M.D. (or equivalent foreign degree) in Biomedical Sciences including in the field of Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology or Hematology/Oncology are preferred however all relevant degrees will be considered. Candidates with a track record of publication are desired. Ph.D./M.D. degree(s) must be in hand at time of the appointment.
Please upload the required documents when applying:
- Letter of application that briefly summarizes your qualifications and interest in the position (required)
- Curriculum vitae (required)
- Contact information of at least 2 references with knowledge of candidate’s career (required before hire).