The Postdoctoral Fellow for the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics will be responsible for developing in vitro diagnosis technologies and approaches to detect and measure biomarkers associated with important human diseases and to employ these methods to analyze samples from animal models of human disease and human subjects to test and validate their performance.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recent Ph.D. in any field of biosensor, bioengineering, material science, nanotechnology, nanopore sequencing (especially for peptide identification), mass spectrometry, proteomics or related field, with demonstrated skills in biosensor design and fabrication, nanobiosensors, machine learning, protein chemistry, peptide sequencing, MALDI, LC-MS/MS and biostatistics.
- Research experience in biosensor design and development, lab on a chip, microfluidic system, point of care testings, biomarker discovery, studies on extracellular vesicles or nano/micro scale liquid chromatography, electrospray ionization, high resolution mass spectrometry, protein biochemistry, top-down and bottom-up proteomics including project design, sample preparation and data analysis, PTM identification.
- Ning, B., Huang, Z., Youngquist, B. M, Scott, J. W., Niu, A., Bojanowski, C., M., Zwezdaryk, K. J., Saba, N., S., Fan, J., Yin, X., Cao, J., Lyon, C. J., Li, C., Roy, C. J., Hu, T.* Liposome-mediated detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA-positive extracellular vesicles in plasma. Nature Nanotechnology. 2021. 16, 1039-1044.
- Ning, B., Yu, T., Zhang, S., Huang, Z., Tian, D., Lin, Z., Niu, A., Golden, N., Hensley, K., Threeton, B., Lyon, C. J., Yin, X., Saba, N., Rappaport, J., Wei, Q., Hu, T.* A smartphone-read ultrasensitive and quantitative saliva test for COVID-19. Science Advances. 2021. 7(2): eabe3703.
- Liu, Y., Fan, J., Xu, T., Ahmadinejad, N., Hess, K., Lin, S., Zhang, J., Liu, X., Liu, X., Ning, B., Liao, Z., Hu, T.* Extracellular Vesicle Tetraspanin-8 Expression Predicts Distant Metastasis in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer after Concurrent Chemoradiation. Science Advances. 2020, 6:11, eaaz6162.
- Liu, C., Zhao, Z., Fan, J., Lyon, C. J., Wu, H., Nedelokv, D., Zelazny, A.M., Olivier, K.N., Cazares, L.H., Holland, S.H., Graviss, E. A., Hu, T.* Quantification of Circulating M. tuberculosis Antigens for Rapid Diagnosis and Real-time Treatment Monitoring. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 2017, 114(15):3969-3974.
- Liang K., Liu, F., Fan, J., Sun, D., Bernard, D. W., Li, Y., Yokoi, K., Katz, M. H., Koay, E. J., Zhao, Z., Hu, T.* Nanoplasmonic Quantification of Tumor-derived Extracellular Vesicles in Plasma Microsamples for Diagnosis and Treatment Monitoring. Nature Biomedical Engineering. 2017, 1:0021.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.